Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Freemasonry in Laos

As I was stumbling around the internet and updating links on the TFM web site for the first time in years, I came across the very new and spiffy Lodge Lane Xang web page.  Lodge Lane Xang of course was previously consecrated in Laos but went into darkness along with the rest of that country in 1976.  However, the charter was saved and a living member helped bring that lodge back to life in Bangkok.

The web site hosts a fascinating history of the lodge.  Take a few minutes and check it out.  And if you are in Bangkok, then you owe it to yourself to visit the good brethren of LLX.  They're a nice bunch.

Update:  Many apologies for the first version of this post which substituted Cambodia for Laos.  I do actually know the difference!  I would like to blame the beer, but unfortunately I was stone cold sober when I wrote this.

The Thai Freemason is the independent voice of Freemasonry in Thailand.
Visit www.thaifreemason.com

No comments: